Sunday 28 August 2022

Destination Unknown


Okay.
So, we need to talk
about how AEW's booking of Ruby Soho is
homophobic against me specifically,

especially having her lose
against Sammy and Tay, the tag team
representatives of heteronormativity,

because, as embarrassing as it may be
for a 45-year-old dyke to admit this,
Ruby Soho is the reason why I wear 
black lipstick,

and if I could find the shade she uses
I'd buy that exact shade too: I watch
her work and wonder if I can 
afford a new tattoo,

but every time I watch I only ever
seem to see her lose,
and I know you're busy, Tony,
but I'm pretty sure you watch the news

and we could really stand to see
a butch tattooed punk win a few. 
Me, I can take it, just about;
my country isn't Texas yet,

but kids in Texas watch your show
with binders hidden in their beds
from parents they're afraid to know,
on headphones plugged into their phones

(Bluetooth and shitty siblings
simply cannot be relied upon)
and when they close the window
on a match that Ruby hasn't won

to spare themselves another celebration
from the winning team, they close
their eyes and focus on
our queer pathetic dream:

to be clean, to be prone
without fear of discovery, in
less danger than most
and alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment