Wednesday 19 May 2021

I don't know what to say

 


I don't know what to say: today

a bill was passed in Tenessee 

to force businesses that serve people like me

to hang a sign up on their door,

the kind of sign we've seen before

in Germany, in '44, 

a target for the rocks and mobs 

and baseball bats and firebombs,


and yesterday the BBC

discussed the rights of folks like me

on Woman's Hour, at 10am.

They booked two guests: and both of them 

agreed with the host that there should be

signs forbidding some like me

to have the right to fucking pee


Oh: and also, this Labour MP

who loves to libel those like me

was re-elected as the chair 

of Labour Women's PLP,

and honestly, why wouldn't she be?

After all, the Head of the EHRC

said hating us was A-OK

in an interview on Saturday.


And that was just the last few days.

I don't know what to fucking say.

No comments:

Post a Comment