Sunday 8 November 2020

The facts

 The facts are these.

In 2015 I brought my first ever full spoken word show to Edinburgh. That show was about misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, racism and the kind of people who try to excuse it as just a joke, as for the lulz, as banter. 

In 2016, I watched as the representatives of that school of thought took over the world. Brexit. Trump. The victory of everything I'd set myself in opposition to. 

It made me get a little...intense. A little odd. A little unhinged even, maybe. I'm on antidepressants these days. I'm in therapy. I've been through some personal shit, physical and mentally. I'm not the same person I was in 2016.

I don't think many of us are.

But that was four years ago. And the man who represented the victory of everything I hated just lost, in the USA.

Maybe it's time to bring it home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment